Now
15 - 30 Nov 2020
Test Volume
•  


Archive
2020
24 Feb - 01 Mar 2020
Section 1 : CPO Price Trend
24 Feb - 01 Mar 2020
Section 2: Global Palm Oil Market Opportunities
22 - 28 Jun 2020
POINTERS ON THE PRICE TRENDS
15 - 30 Nov 2020
Test Volume
2019
2018
29 Jan - 04 Feb 2018
Section 1: CPO Price Trend
29 Jan - 04 Feb 2018
Section 2 : Global Palm Oil Market Focus
06 - 12 Aug 2018
Section 1: CPO Price Trend
06 - 12 Aug 2018
Section 2: Global Palm Oil Market Focus
2017
2016
22 - 29 Feb 2016
2016 Market Direction - Twists and Turns of Palm Oil Prices
22 - 28 Aug 2016
Section 1 : Palm Oil Price Fundamentals
22 - 28 Aug 2016
Section 2 : Trade Issues and Market Prospects
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
Login
Error
Username
Password
Forgot Password?
Reset Password
Error
Username / Email
Register
Error
Name *
Username / Email *
- Please insert a valid email as your username.
Password *
Confirm Password *
Company
Country
* Required
POINTERS
ORGANIZED BY:
Mapping The Palm Oil Price - 2013 Market Perspective:
Palm Kernel Cake: Inherent Properties Raise Global Feed Market Opportunities
Mr. Lim Teck Chaii & Ms. Fatimah Zaharah
Mr. Lim Teck Chaii assumed the post of Market Analyst for MPOC since March, 2000. His responsibilities in MPOC includes delving deep into business issues and make use of the knowledge for the betterment of the organisation’s programmes. He has served as an analyst for Africa and Europe before being assigned to the Asia- Pacific Region in 2007. Prior to joining MPOC, he worked as an analyst for the Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera, UMBC Securities and KAF Discounts Berhad. He holds a B. Econs. (Stats) and MBA ( Accounting ) from University of Malaya. He also has experience in presenting papers at international oils and fats conferences.
VIEW PROFILE
Palm Kernel Cake (PKC) has moved up steeply in the value chain. From an average annual price of US$50/MT that was traded in 1999, the price of PKC has increased by approximately four times to average at US$212/MT in 2012. Research into the applications for PKC, backed by product promotions and the advertising of its inherent properties, has made possible the price jump. These efforts have both introduced new applications and opened up new markets for PKC at a good price, with the good commercial values in PKC supporting this price movement. From the business angle, PKC is currently the most competitive oilmeal traded in the market. At the end of December 2012, PKC traded at US$212/MT and this is a steep discount of US$315/MT off soymeal, which was priced at US$563/MT. Users of PKC are guaranteed availability of supply throughout the year because it is obtained from a perennial crop and PKC appears to be environmentally greener, compared with the other major oilmeals that are derived from seasonal crops. From the nutritive angle, PKC is rich in protein and carbohydrate content. As such, PKC is generally classified as an energy- and protein-based feed ingredient. PKC has a beta-carotene content of 4.3-11.8 mg/kg; 0.35 mg/kg of Vitamin E; and it is free from aflatoxin, toxic metals, heavy metals, pesticides and dioxins. Fresh PKC has on average 10% palm kernel oil. PKC is occasionally extracted to yield kernel oil to increase its product value. Protein-wise, the total amino acid content of PKC has a high bypass rate of 65% to 75%, implying that it has high protein absorption. Samples of global feed formulation we have collected show that PKC has been used in many countries and for many types of animals, such as freshwater fish, beef cattle, dairy cattle, sheep, swine, broiler and layer chicken. Growing populations and affluence are other factors that help the PKC price to increase. This is based on the reasoning that meat is more desirable compared with vegetable-based food, because vegetable food is relatively more dull and bland. Despite the current low usage of PKC, it is expected to gain more dominance in the global market as a result of its attractive pricing and inherent properties. For example, in China and Europe, PKC accounts for only 0.4% and 1.8% of the compound feed formulation. Globally, it accounts for only 2.3% of the oilmeals usage.
REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW FULL REPORT
REGISTER OR LOGIN TO VIEW PRESENTATION SLIDES
Questions & Answers
Please login to post comments.

5,628 active users
0 currently online
Member's Login
Error
Username
Password
Forgot Password?
Now
15 - 30 Nov 2020
Test Volume
•